This Time Next Year Tag

This Time Next Year Tag

So I was nominated to do this tag by the lovely Saffron Watson, who happens to be one of my Uni collab friends and I have to say this might be one of my favourite ideas that I’ve seen in a tag!  As you may have gathered from my blog, I’m all about goals and ambition and aiming towards things, so this idea was really cute and right up my street!

The rules of the tag are as follows…

Set yourself goals for the next year
Write how you’re going to achieve these goals
Tag at least 5 of your blogger friends to do this tag
Then, in 365 days write a post reflecting on your goals and what you achieved!
p
I haven’t really thought about what I want to achieve by this time next year, but I guess now is as good a time as any… By this time next year I want to:
p
1) Have my drivers licence…
Essentially, my story with driving is that I pretty much learnt how to drive at 17, but then stopped lessons because I hadn’t done my theory and I was really overwhelmed with work. Therefore, my plan is to do a crash course in driving this summer.  To this day, I still have not done my theory… But it may be something I’m doing in the very near future…
p
2) Still be blogging…
I’m really enjoying blogging, it’s insanely therapeutic and I have met some amazing people from the blogging community!  It’s amazing watching my website grow and producing content that I’m proud of – it’s only been around 3 months (3 months exactly tomorrow!) and I’ve already received so much more love than I thought I would have so who knows where I’ll be blogwise a year from now?  I’m pretty excited to find out.
p
3) Be further on in my book…
I started writing a book.  I mean, I used to write all the time but I haven’t properly written in years, and I started back up again about a month ago.  I’d love to see if I can actually keep this up.
 p
4) Keep up my current mentality…
By the time this is up, my post on body confidence should have gone up, and as I wrote in that, I’ve been a lot better with self-confidence and acceptance recently.  I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s blogging, or my current support system (much love to my amazing friends and family), or maybe its just me, but this is the most confident and happy that I’ve been with myself in over 4 years.  Hopefully in a years time, I’ll still feel like this.
 p
5) Be doing Youtube?
Don’t hold me to this – this is a bit of a pipe dream and I don’t know if I have the confidence or the skill to actually follow through with this.  However, I’m really enjoying being a content creator and I’d love to expand to different medias (while keeping up my blog obviously) I don’t know? Ahhh the Youtube world seems scary… We’ll see.
p
So, as for my nominations, I would love to see this post from anyone who wants to because it’s such an amazing idea (tell me if you do it, I’d love to read everyone’s responses!)  However, I’m going to specifically tag:
p

I guess I’ll tell you how I’m doing this time next year… (Set a reminder on my phone and everything)

1. March 22, 2017 / 6:40 pm

So glad you’re kept on blogging and stayed at it as I love your posts and while I am the same with YouTube (I don’t feel confident enough yet!) if you ever decide to start uploading to a channel, I’d definitely watch your videos. Driving is something I definitely need to do this year too, I always feel quite behind on this as I still can’t drive yet, but then once I do it I know it’ll give me a real confidence boost too. The one about writing your book is really cool too, hope you keep it up, as I always find writing really therapeutic! – Tasha

• March 22, 2017 / 6:43 pm

Thanks Tasha! Don’t know if I’ll ever have the courage to actually start a Youtube channel but let’s see what the future holds haha, nice to know I’d have at least one subscriber 😉 I definitely want to get the driving thing out of the way though… Like you said, I think it will give me a confidence boost too.

• March 22, 2017 / 6:48 pm

Yes, I understand, but if you do let me know! Me too, it’s something that hangs over me but I know I need to get it done soon.

2. March 22, 2017 / 9:02 pm

ahh I’ve seen so many posts of this tag and it’s nice to see what everyone wants to accomplish within a year and the best part is being able to look back at how far you’ve come and if you have been able to achieve those goals! lovely post x

• March 22, 2017 / 9:04 pm

Thank you! I’ve enjoyed reading these posts too, you should give it a go! I’d be happy to read it

3. March 22, 2017 / 9:16 pm

I love this idea, I am all about writing diaries and prompts that I can reflect back on in years to come, I’ll definetely give this ago! At the start of the year I always like to write a letter to myself including what I hope to have achieved by the end of the year and goals I have set!
    Great post, will return again soon!
    Zara xx

• March 22, 2017 / 9:19 pm

I’m the same about diaries! I have a “one line a day diary” so I can reflect on the next 5 years – would highly recommend them (look them up if you haven’t heard of them)! That letter idea is so cute, I may have to do that now, I can imagine that being so fun to open! If you give this tag a go please tell me, id love to read your responses!

• March 22, 2017 / 10:41 pm

Thank you, I’ve heard of the “one line a day diary” yet iv’ve never picked one up! I have through, written letters to myself to open in 5, 10 and 15 years, it’s so great to hear from someone with the same interest!
        zara xx

4. March 22, 2017 / 10:33 pm

I loved this! I hope you stick to all your goals – best of luck with driving 🙂 xx

5. March 23, 2017 / 11:41 am

Ah I havent seen this post before, these are some great points! Hope to see you still blogging next year 🙂 x

• March 23, 2017 / 12:10 pm

Yeah I’d never seen this tag before either! Thank you let’s hope I still am

6. March 23, 2017 / 1:57 pm

I’m loving this tag! Especially your answers! Looking forward to more blogs and a book 🙂

7. March 24, 2017 / 11:47 am

I was pretty late to driving, didn;t pass my test til I was 30! But it realyl gives you so much freedom to explore and I wish I’d done it years earlier – best of luck with that and your other goals too! x

8. March 24, 2017 / 10:45 pm

Just wanted to come back and say thank you for the lovely comments on my last post! – Tasha

• March 24, 2017 / 10:47 pm

Awwwww cute! Anytime haha I love your posts, try and catch them whenever I can 🙂

• March 24, 2017 / 10:57 pm

Thank you, that means a lot! <3

9. March 25, 2017 / 7:57 pm

This is great! It is always amazing to set your goals, and devise a plan to reach them. I hope that you are able to succeed with everything you desire to do! <3