Boredom…

Boredom…

So this post is coming on a Tuesday instead of a Monday because my writing has been a little inconsistent recently… Not just because of exams, but also because I seem to have gotten back into a bit of a rut.
You see, I’m one of those people who thrives on change; I like challenges and new experiences and I hate to say it but I get bored of things very quickly.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t generally get bored in the sense that I’m sitting around doing nothing… there are always things to do and I’m constantly behind on work life in general that I don’t really have time for that.  For me, boredom strikes when I feel like I’m not progressing.
I like to think that in life we can only move forwards, like time does, but it’s up to us to make that movement happen.  I started this blog because I wanted to do something new that I loved, I dyed my hair because I wanted it to look more like what I wanted, I got a job in my second year of sixth form because I wanted to do something… more.  For me, there’s always something more that I could be doing, and that’s what keeps me entertained.  I like to be challenged, and most of the time, if you want to be challenged, you have to challenge yourself.
The truth is, most of the time in life you can’t control what happens to you but you can control how you react to it, and so I’m done being in a rut, and a new month is the perfect time to change that.  This month I’m exercising way more, giving up meat (just to switch my meals up a little bit) and spending a lot of time planning (what’s hopefully going to be) an amazing summer.
If you feel bored of the way your life’s going, or stuck in some sort of rut, switch things up a bit: change your hair cut, start a new TV series or set yourself an exercise/work goal!  Anything that makes you feel a little more interested in your life…
This was a bit short and talky but hey that’s how I was feeling… What do you do when you’re feeling bored? Let me know in the comments!

1. May 2, 2017 / 1:46 pm

Hey Jasmine! 👋🏾 great post! You are so different than myself. Change stresses me out, but I thrive with obstacles and challenges. Yet, I totally agree with you when you say boredom strikes when there’s no progress! (That’s a fear of mine w/ my blog.) But I’m glad you’ve made the choice to switch things up a bit.
    I got bored with things and deciding to explore my artistic side! Let’s just say that’s a real work in progress!

• May 2, 2017 / 1:48 pm

Hi! Thank you so much! It’s also a fear I have with my blog haha, good luck with the art!

2. May 2, 2017 / 2:47 pm

Good for you! You have a great attitude towards life! When I’m bored (in the sense that I have nothing to do), I oddly like to organize! Ha, dork alert! When I’m feeling like I’m in a rut, I try to figure out where I feel stuck and figure out ways to overcome that.

• May 2, 2017 / 3:45 pm

I’m also a sucker for organisation haha so you’re not alone there 😉 that’s a great productive way to go around being in a rut!

3. May 2, 2017 / 4:48 pm

When I’m bored I become so moody, I have no idea why😂😂I think it’s because I enjoy doing things, even if it’s something small and not necessarily productive and important like checking Twitter or watching a show. When I have absolutely nothing to do I lose it😂 but luckily that hasn’t happened in a long while!

• May 2, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I’m exactly the same, I hate doing nothing at all! Glad to hear you’ve been keeping busy!

4. May 10, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Hey Jasmine! I hear you. There are times I need the sparkly lights and startling noises to keep me focused. But your also right that changing things up helps. Here’s to breaking away from the latest rut!

• May 10, 2017 / 8:37 pm

Haha I also need those to keep me focused sometimes don’t worry 😉 yes we can break this!

5. May 11, 2017 / 11:01 am

Like you I like to challenge myself. If I have a good book to read I am never bored. Also find blogging is great as always something to read, thinking of post ideas and supporting other bloggers.

• May 11, 2017 / 11:03 am

I love blogging for the same reasons! It tends to keep me challenged

6. May 13, 2017 / 9:39 pm

I really enjoyed reading this because I completely relate to it! I get bored so often and try starting new things. Its the main reason I started my own blog because it was an outlet to throw all my energy into! Some great tips here! Robyn xx

• May 14, 2017 / 5:17 am

Glad you relate! I’m exactly the same, and that’s the reason I started my blog too haha!