Closure…

Closure…

So as you may know if you follow me on Instagram or keep up with my posts, I just spent the last week in Budapest.   I had the most amazing time: the last few years has made me realise how much I love travelling and how much I want to do in the next few years whilst I have the time, so coming back from Budapest was incredibly bitter sweet.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to be home with the family and friends that I left behind, but on the aeroplane back, I had a real good think about my issues with endings.  I’ve made it pretty clear on here that since May/June I’ve been going through an awful lot of difficult stuff, and a lot of it had to do with endings that had arisen through no fault of my own.  However, I realised that it wasn’t the ending that affected me so much, it was the fact that I never got closure.
Despite coming home from holiday being bittersweet, I saw what I needed to see and had a good time, so being back in England didn’t feel sad, it just felt right.  However, I’ve realised that things affect me most when they end unfinished.
When I left my first secondary school I was numb for so long.  It wasn’t because I loved it more than anything… honestly I was pretty indifferent about the school in general, but it hurt me because I never got a proper ending.  It was very spontaneous; I was doing my biology homework on a random day in the middle of the week my mum came home and told me I was never going back.  It hurt so much because I was just interrupted… I was never given a goodbye day, or a chance to finish anything… I was left without closure.
I like completeness.  I like to feel like I’ve done everything I need to do and said everything I need to say, and when I don’t get that, I’ll admit, I go a little crazy.  However, in light of recent events I’ve realised that sometimes people and things will let you down, and leave you without closure, and when this happens you have to find a way of getting closure for yourself.  For me, this came pretty recently, but I’ve finally managed to do it and I feel so much better because of it.  I’m not 100% over everything, and I know that it will take a long time before I am, but I’m in a very good place at the moment.  And I intend to stay here.
This was pretty rambly again but aren’t all of my posts nowadays haha do I even need to declare it… Anyway, how are you guys doing?  And how do you feel about closure?  Let me know in the comments!

BLOGLOVIN’ |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM

1. July 17, 2017 / 5:26 pm

Closure is something really difficult to come to terms with. I have struggled with not getting closure off things that I think that I deserve to in the past and it is difficult. I’m glad that you have found yourself in a good place at the moment and managed it on your own. I wish I could do the same all the time with these things.
    Lois x

2. July 17, 2017 / 5:51 pm

I’m one that definitely needs closure, especially with people. If we just end a relationship without having a conversation I know it’ll eat me up inside not saying whatever it is I have to. However, you just gotta get through it some way or another. Gd luck on reaching to your safe space, and with your progress. xx

• July 19, 2017 / 10:01 am

I completely agree, that’s how I am in relationships too! Thank you so much. Jas xx

3. July 17, 2017 / 5:54 pm

I agree, getting closure is so beneficial to the soul and a nice way of letting go and coming terms to with things. Nice post, tfs 🙂

4. July 17, 2017 / 11:43 pm

I can definitely relate to this feeling Jasmine. I hate it when I come away from a situation or event feeling unfulfilled or that I didn’t do or say all I could have done or said – it’s something that always niggles at me later in the day or week, after it’s happened so I can definitely relate. I had this during my time at college as I went through a few things that meant my time at college felt both rushed and difficult and when it finally came to an end I was worried I hadn’t made the most of it, but then throwing myself into uni and really going for things there made me feel better about everything else, so like you, I always believe in finding closure for yourself and seeking out your own path. Sorry if this comment was a bit rambly – these types of posts always get me thinking! I hope you had a wonderful time in Budapest too! Travelling is something I really want to do in the next few years too. – Tasha

• July 19, 2017 / 10:02 am

I’m glad that you are also able to find closure for yourself! And thank you, Budapest was amazing! I’m hoping to travel more in the next few years too!
      Jas cx

• July 26, 2017 / 2:57 pm

Same for you too lovely. <3 Glad it was fun!

5. July 24, 2017 / 11:48 am

I’m the same, I hate leaving things unfinished.. or worse is the not knowing why things have finished. That kills me!
    Time helps, but I can be hard to truly get over those little niggles!