I remember first being nominated for this award when I was a month into blogging and it was amazing, so it’s pretty great to be nominated for the second time by The Curly Anomaly now that I’m 6 months into blogging! She’s an absolute doll and you should check out her blog and her edition of the Leibster Award (an award for discovering new bloggers) right here.
The rules are as follows…
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked in their post.
3. Nominate eleven other bloggers of your choice.
4. Come up with your own eleven questions for your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that they’ve been chosen!
6. Link back to the person of which nominated you.
(Small disclaimer: I’ve done quite a lot of “get to know me” posts, so sorry if you’ve heard these before)
- I can recite the alphabet backwards
- I love music and play the piano, guitar and sing
- When I was 6 I got a bead stuck in my ear and had to get it surgically removed…
- I have hyper-flexible shoulders so I can do pretty weird things with them
- I was a classically trained dancer for 11 years of my life
- I’ve never been able to whistle… no matter how hard I try
- Never been a fan of my birthday but love other people’s more than anything else in the world
- By the time you read this I will be sunning it up in Budapest
- I love cooking and can make most things out of nothing if I try hard enough
- I’ve never broken a bone
- I have Achilles Tendinopathy: an ankle condition that it common in males and people over 30… so I really just showed up out of nowhere.
Questions from The Curly Anomaly…
1- Out of all the places you’ve traveled, which place is your favorite?
I’d have to say the Dominican Republic. I went there for 2 weeks when I was 10 and I remember it as the best holiday I’ve had, I would love to go back one day.
2- What is your blog post writing process like? (Do you have a specific routine or certain things you like to have when you to write?)
Most of the time I literally just sit at my computer and type away (hence why most of my posts are quite rambly), because the idea of my blog is that it’s the thoughts I’m having, brought to you in blog form. However, with reviews and some specific posts, I do a vague plan in my bullet journal and then go for it.
3- If you could relive one day out of your entire life, what day would it be and why?
That’s too much pressure ahh I don’t know, but probably a cute family day with my mum, dad and sister.
4- What is your favourite book?
‘I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I’d Have To Kill You’ by Ally Carter – I strongly recommend it.
5- Do you have a favourite quote or scripture? Do tell(:
“Be yourself, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
6- What has been the hardest life lesson you’ve learned yet?
That in life not everyone is going to like or appreciate you, and sometimes there’s nothing you can do to change that. You have to find peace in yourself and realise that you’re not the problem.
7- What music genre/music artist/song(s) are you in love with right now?
Right now I’ve really been into old school One Republic (Apologise era), and old school Justin Timberlake (circa Cry Me a River).
8- Morning person or Night Owl?
I’m both… I really don’t get enough sleep ever.
9- What is a major pet peeve of yours?
When people can’t accept that they may be wrong. I can’t stand people that talk and talk and will never ever admit that they’ve made a mistake.
10- Your favourite thing about blogging?
The people I’ve met whilst doing it and the cathartic nature that comes with it.
11- Why did you decide to start your blog?
I wrote all about that here, but long story short I was lost and I wanted to write more.
Thank you for reading and I hope you learnt a little more about me during this! I nominate Poppy, Saffron, Anna, Katherine, B, Emily, Tasha, Elsie, Kate, Laura and Sophie and my questions will be below. Thanks for reading and check out these lovely ladies!
Lots of love,
BLOGLOVIN’ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Questions for the Nominees:
1. When did you start your blog?
2. Favourite Disney Character (Pixar included)?
3. What song can you not get out of your head?
4. Do you prefer reading blogs or watching Youtube videos?
5. Favourite TV Series at the moment?
6. Do you prefer beach holidays or ski holidays?
7. What was the last country you visited?
8. Favourite Ice Lolly flavour?
9. Favourite thing about blogging?
10. Would you rather re-live your worst memory or forget your best memory?
11. Favourite movie at the moment?