A while ago I was nominated for The Unique Blogger Award by the lovely Girl Enters! She’s an absolute angel and has some great back to school/uni posts going on right now so you should definitely check them out if they apply to you!
The purpose of the Unique Blogger Award is to promote and celebrate bloggers for their unique content and get to know a little bit more about them, so thank you again for the nomination again Girl Enters! The rules are simple:
- Thank your nominee,
- Answer the questions that your nominator left for you,
- Nominate 5-10 people (and let them know),
- Set questions for your nominees to answer
I haven’t done an awards post for a while so this is pretty exciting! Without further ado, I’ll get into this…
1) Would you still write for yourself if there were no such thing as the internet?
Without a doubt, yes. I was writing long before I started blogging – I’ve wanted to be an author since I was six years old and I literally used to spend my whole childhood summer holidays sat on my bed with my laptop writing novels. The internet makes it easier for me to get my writing out there, but it definitely isn’t the reason I write.
2) Is there a place in the world that you loved so much, that you would give up everything and move there? If so, where?
No place particularly springs to mind, although I haven’t explored enough of the world yet. I have a long list of countries and places I want to see and experience, so I don’t have a place I love that much yet, but who knows what the future holds?
3) If you had to give up blogging for some reason, what would you do instead?
If I didn’t blog I would definitely still be writing. I’d probably take the energy I use to work on this blog and use that time to work on my own writing (of novels) more? I don’t know, I have so many little side writing projects going at all times: from novels, to my Uni paper, to some online magazines… I’d definitely still have things to do.
4) What is one thing that you learned about the blogging world that you hate?
I don’t think I really have anything that I hate? If there’s something I don’t particularly like they I try to stay out of it and don’t comment/react to it at all… hate is a wasted energy.
5) Who inspired you to start blogging?
Honestly, Hannah Witton had a really big part in it. Long story short, I was feeling really lost in life and knew nothing more than that I wanted to write. I stumbled across Hannah Witton on Youtube and was amazed by how… together she was: she did a degree, had a blog, wrote a book, and was able to speak at all these amazing events, and it was all through using her brain and hard work. It inspired me to see what I could do just putting my writing out there. I never expected to “make it big” or anything, but I decided that I’d at least try putting my heart and soul into a blog and it’s honestly made me so much happier. Also, I met her and Melanie Murphy yesterday and it was absolutely amazing! They’re both so down to earth and exactly how they are online in real life, I appreciate the genuine nature!
This post took a rather sappy ending… Sorry about that, but I’m feeling quite passionate about my blog at the moment which often means quite a lot of emotion. But yes, thank you for reading this and all my other posts, every blogger award or tag post I get nominated for means the world to me and the novelty is still not lost! My blog has come so far and I can’t wait to see how much further it goes! I nominate:
- Eni from Struggling Student Survival Guide
- Faye from Culture Eighteen
- Elsie from Elsie LMC
- Jasmine from It’s Simply Me Jasmine
- Natasha from The Happy Larkspur
- and Hannah from Life with Han
They’re all amazing bloggers and if you haven’t checked them out you should! My questions for you guys will be right at the bottom of this post.
Hope you guys enjoyed this and I can’t wait to read the nominees responses!
Lots of love,
BLOGLOVIN’ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Questions for the Nominees…
- What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
- Where do you see your blog being in a years time (if anywhere)?
- What are three of your favourite blogs at the moment?
- Do you use any social media for your blog and which one’s your favourite?
- If you could be in any movie what would it be?