As you may know, I turn 20 in a couple of weeks. What you may not know, is that for the first time in my life I have no idea what I want for my birthday. Usually, by the time it gets to my birthday/Christmas I have either a bunch of little things on my mind, or one big thing that I’m ready to spend my birthday money on. However, this year… I have nothing. I don’t know what it is, I just haven’t been able to think of anything and it’s driving my mother crazy.
Therefore, it was the absolute perfect time for Uncommon Goods to reach out to me. You may be asking,
Who Are Uncommon Goods?
Uncommon Goods are a website that pride themselves on selling unique gifts and products. Some are manufactured, and some are handmade by different artists and designers. They focus largely on sustainability, constantly working on being more environmentally friendly, socially responsible, and being a great company to work for. Having worked with them on this post, I have to say that the last point is definitely true!
After reading all about them (and I did a lot of reading, I like to be informed), they seemed pretty great. Therefore, I decided to have a little browse of different sections of their website and compile my own “birthday wishlist”.
The Birthday Wishlist
On browsing the website, one thing I particularly liked was that many items came with lengthy explanations of what the gifts were/the artists inspirations and intentions. I like gifts to have meanings, so for me this was a nice little personal touch! They have various different areas on their website, helping you refine your search for gifts. Therefore, I’ve separated my wishlist into the areas I found them…
1) Birthstone Wishing Balls – These are beautiful hand-blown glass balls that come with 52 mini pieces of paper. You can write down one wish/reflection each week of the year and look back at them on your next birthday. I thought this was a real adorable idea and the exact kind of sappy thing I’d do.
2) Gin and Tonic Molecular Mixology Kit – I’ve seen “molecular mixology cocktails” in pictures and videos and I’ve always wanted to try them. Therefore, the ability to make them myself in a kit sounds pretty perfect! Unfortunately this item only ships to the US so it will have to remain a “wish” of mine, but I love the idea behind it!
3) My Life Story Journal – I saw this and thought it was absolutely adorable. It’s a gorgeous bound journal filled with pages for you to fill in at different periods of your life. As you get older, you’ll have this lovely little momento of your whole life. For someone like me who is obsessed with reflection and nostalgia, this seems perfect. Also, I strongly recommend that you check out the sample pages here because they’re what got me excited!
4) Make Your Own Nail Polish Kit – I’ve never seen one of these before and honestly I think it’s a great idea! I’m not a big nail polish wearer (I love it but also I’m too lazy to wait for them to dry) but who doesn’t love the idea of mixing their own colours?! 13 year old me would have loved this. I know friends that would love it now!
5) Sweater Mug Hugger – I will hold my hands up and say that I have absolutely no need for these whatsoever, but they’re just so cute! They’re exactly what they sound like – mini jumpers (or “sweaters” if you’re American) for your mugs of hot drinks to wear, keeping them extra toasty.
6) Eye Glasses Holder – As someone who wears contacts more than she wears glasses, I “misplace” my glasses more often than you’d think. Therefore, a little weird nose thing that I can hold my glasses on would not only be convenient but actually look kinda cute as well…
7) Gala Photo Display – I am a hoarder. Pictures, train tickets, theatre tickets, business cards from cute cafes… you name it. However, this photo display looks like the perfect place to display memories and have them look cute whilst I do it. I can already picture it resting on my desk.
8) Portable Table Tennis Set – The name alone should make it clear why I want this. I love table tennis but I don’t have the space or money for a table, so why not have a table tennis set that I can take everywhere with me?
9) Himalayan Salt Foot Care Set – I used to dance a lot so it’s safe to say my feet are not in the best condition that they could be. I went for a pedicure with my mum last week so I’m trying very hard to maintain their current condition the best that I can. This set looks perfect for that, and the reviewers all seem to love them!
Uncommon Goods have such a wide variety of unique products. In fact, whilst having a browse I could already picture things that would be perfect for friends, my sister, my parents. It’s the perfect place to come for cute meaningful Christmas presents. What stood out to me was the detail they provide about the artists and the in depth explanations of the products. I can’t wait to actually order something from their website and watch someone receive it (I love giving presents, maybe I’ll write a post about that sometime…)
Hope you enjoyed this, and a massive thank you to Uncommon Goods for sponsoring this post! Which of these products were your favourite? Comment below!
Lots of love,
*DISCLAIMER* This post was sponsored by Uncommon Goods. However, all opinions are my own. I pride myself on being honest and genuine, and only work with companies that I feel are a good fit for me or my audience. If you would like to read more about how I work with companies, you may do so here.