If you’ve been following my blog since the beginning, you may know that last January I had a bit of a freak out over turning 20 in September. As a result, I comprised a list of 20 things I wanted to do before I turned 20, in some sort of attempt to get my life together. Well, I’m 20 now, Which is absolutely crazy. Also, it means that it’s time to look back at just how well I did…
- Reach 70 subscribers on this blog… DONE. I don’t know how, but I absolutely smashed this thanks to all of you! Not only did I reach 70 subscribers, but with over 230 of you I managed to triple that! I only have you guys to thank, and there is actually a thank you post on its way soon, stay tuned.
- Do a collab with another blogger… DONE. Since January I have met the most amazing bloggers ever and I set up a student collab: The Truth About Uni, which you should definitely check out if you haven’t already, because we all worked very hard on that.
- Guest write on another blog… DONE. I have actually tried my hand at guest writing a couple of times now! Right now I’m incredibly busy managing my own blog, but it was a fun thing to try and I’m glad that I did.
- Do something worthwhile that helps someone with this blog… Haven’t quite figured out a way to do this yet, but there’s still time.
- Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day… DONE. I’ve actually stuck to this most of the time! Of course there have been periods where I haven’t, but I can actually feel the difference when I don’t.
- Go to the gym at least twice a week… DONE. I’ve been way better with the gym this year. Though I haven’t been every single week since I wrote this, I had weeks where I went every single day. I’d say it just about evens out.
- Have at least one piece of fruit or veg with every meal… I eat quite a lot of fruit and veg, but I won’t lie, I probably could have been better at this…
- Get back to enjoying learning… DONE. Last year wasn’t the best, but I’m exactly pretty excited to start second year. I’ve done some extra reading over the summer, so I guess in a way I have gotten back to enjoying it.
- Read 10 books for fun… I unfortunately didn’t get to do this. Not because I didn’t want to, but because I’ve been so busy. There’s always next year though. I’m actually in a book club now.
- Read ahead for my courses… DONE. Like I said above, I’ve actually done some of that over the summer. Look at me being an organised “adult”!
- Be on top of revision… DONE. I was actually pretty good with revision this year. I’m hoping to be even better next year (There’s a post concerning this coming up on Monday…)
- Have a concrete night routine… IN PROCESS. I’m actually doing this at the moment, and am currently testing out some products that may be in an upcoming review at the end of this month. It also happens to include a list of my current night (and morning – look how fancy I am now) skincare routines.
- Wear skirts/dresses more… DONE. My fashion sense has really evolved over the last year, which yes, includes branding out to more than just jeans. I may even start doing some fashion posts? I don’t know, I’m still deciding….
- Find my style… IN PROCESS. I’m reworking my wardrobe at the moment as part of “growing up”, and I definitely have more of a grasp of what “my style” is.
- Sing more (maybe even publicly?)… DONE. I’m so proud of this! I sang at some open mics with some friends of mine and it was great, I’m very excited to do more of it this year.
- Get back to song writing… DONE. This didn’t really happen until one late night at 3am in August, but I’m back and working out a lot of things through music, because music is really great therapy sometimes.
- Start writing a book… DONE. I am in the process of writing a novel right now… Who knows if anything will come of it, it will probably never leave my laptop, but I’m having a lot of fun getting back to what I love.
- Visit winter wonderland… HOPEFULLY SOON. Like I said, this one has to be done a little after my birthday… But I’ll keep you updated on my Twitter or Instagram if it happens!
- Visit a country I’ve never been to before… DONE. I went to Budapest with my friends for a week this summer, and I’d never been to Hungary so it was really great to explore! I wanna travel way more this year and maybe blog about it? So yeah, hopefully that will happen…
- See 2 more musicals… DONE! I’m very surprised that I actually did this, but I’m so happy that I did because I can’t stress how much I love the theatre! I bought my mum and I tickets to see Kinky Boots for Mothers Day in April, (Which was absolutely fabulous, would strongly recommend if you like drag queens and elaborate musical numbers). And this summer I saw Matilda (for £5! I wrote about how I got a £5 ticket here) with my friends which made me cry, laugh and have an existential crisis regarding ageing, so yeah… that was also a great one.
So, in my 20 things to do before I turn 20, I managed to complete 16 of them! I’m actually really proud of myself, because this was a pretty ambitious task, and it’s reflective of how much I’ve accomplished over this one year. Let’s hope my 20’s bring just as much growth as my teen years did, and who knows? If you’re interested, I might make a “21 before 21” list!
Hope you enjoyed this! Do you have any similar goals to mine? Leave your comments below!
Lots of love,