Okay so I was nominated for this tag by the brilliant and extremely great Girl Masked (I actually had a nightmare with this because I initially tagged the wrong blog, sorry Girl Masked you had similar names please don’t hate me). But yeah, honestly I was incredibly excited to complete this because I’ve never seen this before, and as a massive music lover I was ready! The rules are as follows:
- Mention the creator of the tag and link to their blog
- Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link to their blog as well
- Shuffle your entire music library (no matter how old songs the songs are) and talk about the first fifteen songs that come up ( anything like why they are there , if they signify something, any story, why you like them, etc)
- Mention the songs as well as the artists
- Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and please let them know
Just a pre-warning: I have a very random music taste and I make no promises that any of these songs will make sense together… but without further ado, let’s get shuffling!
1) NO – Megan Trainor… You can’t deny that it’s a catchy song. I feel like every so often you meet a person that will not take no as an answer, and this is the perfect sassy song for those kind of moods.
2) Ain’t Nothin’ but a Kiss – Beverly Knight in Memphis… I love this musical. In fact, Memphis may be my favourite musical (big words I know). The story, the music, and Beverly Knight’s voice! Though it’s no longer on the West End, I recommend seeing Beverly in the Bodyguard because ahhhh I love her.
3) Shut Up – Black Eyed Peas… Not only is this an absolute tuuuune but it’s a pretty nostalgic one for me. Back when I was around 5 I only had 2 albums: The Writings on the Wall by Destiny’s Child, and Elephunk by the Black Eyed Peas. Therefore, I played them over and over again and know all the words to every song. Shut Up was one of my favourites.
4) Gold Rush – Ed Sheeran… “+” was the first album in which I really got into Ed Sheeran with, and this just happened to be my favourite song if the album.
5) Ain’t No Other Man – Christina Aguilera… Absolutely love this song. It’s beautifully sassy, and Christina’s voice is everything I want to be in life.
6) With Me – Sum 41… Not gonna lie, I fell in love with this song because of Gossip Girl. At one point it played during a very emotional Chuck and Blair moment and well… for that reason I downloaded it. Because that is who I am.
7) Black Roses – Claire Bowen in Nashville… I used to watch Nashville all the time (stopped at season 3? I think?) and this song really came at an emotional moment… Claire’s voice is so raw and powerful and I love it so much. I recommend giving it a listen.
8) I feel Pretty/Unpretty – Glee… I will admit, I’m a completely biased fangirl when it comes to Glee, but Guys! This song is so beautiful! It was one of my favourite songs Glee did (and that’s saying something) I strongly recommend giving it a listen even if you didn’t watch Glee, you won’t regret it!
9) Neon Lights – Demi Lovato… Love her voice, and this song is catchy. It’s a great one for the gym.
10) The Thong Song – Sisquo… I loved this song when I was young enough to not understand the meaning at all… but let’s fact it, this song was, and will forever be a tune.
11) Brave – Sara Bareilles… I love Sara Bareilles. Love Song was my favourite song for more years than I remember, and Brave is beautifully uplifting.
12) Big Love – Jason Pennycooke in Memphis… Did I mention I have the whole Memphis album on my phone? This was one of the most memorable moments in Memphis (although there are many a memorable moment), and I smile every time I hear this.
13) The Way – Ariana Grande… I used to be like the number one Ariana Grande fan back in her Victorious days (she follows me on my old Twitter account!!!), so I naturally bought this whole album the second it came out.
14) Into You – Ariana Grande… Wow another Grande song. I mean, I do still like her, and am still a fan of her music (I saw her perform this at the Summertime Ball last year!).
15) Express – Christina Aguilera in Burlesque… I love this movie; I love the soundtrack, I love the costumes, I love the choreography, I love the cast… Ahhh I love Burlesque! And I feel like Express is one of the songs that represents the movie in its entirety.
This was really fun! I love the randomness of song shuffling, and it’s weird having to explain why you have the music that you do! Thanks again Girl Masked for nominating me! I tag:
- Struggling Student Survival Guide
- The Happy Larkspur
- Et Tu, World?
- Poppy Raptor
- Life with Han
- Culture Eighteen
- and Life According to Maddy