I’m quite excited for this, because I don’t think I’ve actually been nominated for the Sunshine Bloggers Award before! I was nominated by the amazing Samantha at Sam’s Lifestyle and Beauty. Not only does she kill it in the blogging world, but she’s really supportive and genuine on Twitter and she also has a pretty great Youtube channel so I’d say she’s definitely worth checking out! The rules of this award are as follows:
- Write a blog post thanking the person that nominated you, tag them in your post.
and also link the questions they answered in their post.
- In your post answer the 11 questions that were given to you.
- Nominate blogs who you think deserve the award and come up with 11 questions
for them to answer.
- Let them know that you nominated them by either social media or commenting on
- Make sure to list the rules on your blog and display a Sunshine Blogger Award
Logo in your post.
- Have fun and get creative.
I’ve linked Sam’s answers to her Q&A in the link above, and here are the answers to the questions she asked me…
1) Do you have any techniques to get in the mood for writing posts?
I feel like for me, my most genuine posts come when I’m organically in the mood, and as I post three times a week this can be quite tricky. However, I pride myself on remaining genuine, so I’d say that my biggest “technique” is just writing as many posts as I can when I am in the mood, and scheduling them so I have a backlog of posts I’m passionate about. This gives me space to take time off when I’m not really feeling writing.
2) What is your favourite season?
I mean… the easy answer would probably by Autumn, because that’s when my birthday falls but I don’t know… I like Summer for the weather and holidays and Winter for the cosy atmosphere. I don’t like picking favourites!
3) What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve probably answered this like a million times now haha, find a detailed answer here, but long story short I’ve always wanted to write, and blogging gives me a way to do that.
4) Have you travelled internationally? If so, where?
I’ve actually had the fortune of travelling to quite a few places (loads when I was younger, around once a year now – although I plan to change that this year). I don’t know if I remember them all but I’m going to try… I’ve been to: France, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Austria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Egypt, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Miami (but it doesn’t count because I was 11 months old), and St Lucia. Italy is still the goal though.
5) What are your two holy grail beauty products?
I’m not the biggest when it comes to beauty… like I wear makeup from time to time but I’m not all that skilled/knowledgable. However, right now I’m really loving the minimal makeup look, so my two holy grail products would probably the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Primer and my L’Oreal True Match Concealer because they tend to act as my base.
6) Are you named after anyone?
No… actually my name was pretty last minute because my parents had only prepared a boys name.
7) What is your favourite YouTube Channel?
I’m loving quite a lot of Youtubers right now, but I’d say at the moment, my favs are Hannah Witton, Melanie Murphy, and SophDoesNails
8) What is the last book you read?
I recently read As You Like It by Shakespeare, because I’m an English Lit student and I had to… but I’m currently reading Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot and loving it.
9) What is the last movie you’ve seen?
Last night I watched The Outcasts on Netflix… It was your typical high school movie, so I’d say it was decent I guess.
10) Coffee or Tea?
I don’t really drink either but I put coffee powder in smoothies sometimes, so I guess I’d have to say coffee?
11) What would be your advice to new bloggers?
Write what you want to, because you want to. It’s easy to think your blog’s not good enough because it’s not getting views, or doesn’t have that “perfect blogger” aesthetic, but your blog is for you, and by staying true to you you’ll find your own tailored audience. Also, get Twitter and interact with other bloggers! I’ve met some of the loveliest people through blogging.
And there you have it, my answers to some pretty great questions by Sam! Thanks to Sam for nominating me, it honestly means so much so make sure you check out her blog guys! I nominate:
- Faye from Culture Eighteen
- Maddy from Life According to Maddy
- Crystal from Et Tu, World?
- Cherishing Flo
- and Eni from Struggling Student Survival Guide
(Sorry if I nominate you guys a lot but I really love your blogs haha) The questions will be right at the bottom of the post.
Hope you guys enjoy this! I love award posts because I feel like I get to share things I maybe wouldn’t usually share, plus its always a great way to find new bloggers!
Lots of love,
BLOGLOVIN’ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- (Aside from blogging) what would you say is your favourite hobby?
- Would you say you’re more of an introvert or an extrovert?
- What’s your favourite “comfort movie” (a movie you can watch whenever you’re feeling down and feel better)
- What’s your favourite comfort food?
- If you could travel to one place in the world where would it be?
- If you had to live in another country where would you live?
- Sweet or savoury?
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- If you had to give up either Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat, which one would you pick?
- Where do you keep your ketchup: fridge or cupboard? (WARNING: There is only one right answer)
Guys these questions are really random haha I’m sorry… I was stuck for ideas but hey maybe it will make for an interesting post?