Haven’t done an awards post in a while now so it was very exciting to be nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Cherishing Flo! The award was initially created by Okoto Enigma and honestly this award is quite a cute one…
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
1) Put the award logo in your post, as well the rules.
2) Thank the person who nominated you; provide a link to their blog.
3) Mention the creator of the award; provide a link to their blog.
4) Tell your subscribers three things about you.
5) Answer the questions your nominee sent you
6) Share links to your best posts.
7) Re-nominate 10-20 people.
8) Notify the nominees via a blog comment.
9) Ask your nominees 5 questions and one funny question.
So, without further ado, let’s get started with the award!
3 Things About Me…
(Just a little PSA – I’ve done so many tags where I’ve had to share facts that I feel like there’s nothing interesting left to share so these facts may be incredibly mundane, who knows…)
I like to bite off more than I can chew… I’m a real over-planner and I never feel like I’m doing enough, so I tend to agree to do too many things to the point where I stress too much. I’m getting better now (although I’m still incredibly busy all the time… but hey – we’re getting somewhere).
I had a growth spurt last year… I’ve been the same height since I was 12, and apparently, last year, at the age of 19, I managed to grow a few inches and finally make it into the “average height” category!
I’m currently considering doing a Masters… I might want to be a journalist? Maybe? I don’t know, I still have a lot of time to decide things, but yeah I’m currently looking into the possibility of a Masters in Magazine Journalism…
Answers to Cherishing Flo’s Questions…
1) What made you start a blog?
I’ve answered this quite a few times and you can find more detail here, but essentially I was feeling really lost and I needed to get back to my core loves and wants: the main one being writing. Wasn’t sure whether I’d keep this up (I’ve had 2 blogs in the past and I didn’t commit to either of them even half this long) but here I am! Who knows? Maybe this one will stick (It better… I’m very obsessed with it).
2) What inspires you to write your blog posts?
Honestly a lot of my posts are either rambles or rants… So I suppose you could say I get inspired by life. I have a lot of thoughts – my brain tends to overthink – so I take them all out of my head and spill them onto here.
3) Would you ever want to blog full time?
My answer to this is both yes and know? I’d love my blog to be able to be my main source of income, but also at the same time I love to have my feet in many different doors (Is that even a saying or did I just make that up?). If I could blog, but also write a book and do good things but have my blog be the “main thing” and the thing I was known for then yes that would be the dream… Does that count?
4) How has blogging impacted your life?
More than I expected! I’ve been able to talk to brands and had amazing opportunities that I literally never imagined myself experiencing (I got free Wagamama! And I get invited to events! And I have a platform to make a difference!). However, even more importantly it’s given me so much confidence. Since last December I’ve really learnt to love myself and developed as a person a lot, and I know that my blog is a massive part of that.
5) What is your favourite past time?
Netflix. I watch an unhealthy amount of TV.
Thanks so much again to Cherishing Flo for nominating me – I haven’t done a post like this in a while and it was fun to complete – plus you asked really good questions! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and maybe learnt a little bit more about me! I will leave nominees and questions at the end of this post.
Lots of love,
BLOGLOVIN’ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Simply Me Jas
The North Left Blog
Life with Han
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- What’s the most difficult blog post you’ve written?
- Have you considered going self-hosted (and if you already are, what pushed you to)?
- What’s your dream career?
- If you were a vegetable which one would you be?