2017 was an eventful year for me to say the least. I lost people, I gained friends, I grew in terms of personality a lot, and a lot of of things changed in my life. However, I couldn’t be more thankful for this year, and I learnt a lot of lessons that helped me grow as a person, so I thought I’d record the 5 most important ones that helped me…
1) If you have the ability to make something happen, then make it. I think I spend quite a lot of time thinking “Maybe one day I can do this…” or “Maybe one day I can get to this goal…” but honestly for a lot of them the only thing really stopping me is myself. Of course, a lot of things take time, but the sooner you start them the sooner you can finish.
2) A good support system is so important. I have amazing friends. I know that I mention it a lot but WOW my friends are actually amazing I’ve never had friends as great as the ones I have now. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without them sometimes. I used to keep everything bottled up, but I cannot express how important it is to have someone to fall back on every so often (Whether it’s a partner, friends, family, a pet or a helpline).
3) Out of sight, out of mind. There were some people in my life that made me feel bad. They made me feel like I wasn’t good enough or that I wasn’t wanted, and then I realised that they don’t have to matter to me. If I want someone gone, I can stop paying attention to them… It takes a while to get used to but it honestly changed my life when I stopped caring.
4) Sometimes if you don’t ask, you don’t get. I used to feel really bad about putting myself out there. I felt really awkward about promoting my blog, or asking for things that I wanted because I didn’t think I was worth it. However, I’ve gotten so much more comfortable at going out there and getting things that I want and I’m better off for it.
5) People will respond well to kindness. Do you know how many times I used to want to compliment people and didn’t because I thought it was weird? Well, turns out people respond better to random kindness than you’d think. I’ve tried really hard recently to tell someone if I like something they’re doing, even if I don’t really know them, because honestly the world is a lot better with a little bit more kindness.
2017 really was a massive year of growth for me, and I’ll be writing about that a lot in the next few days (The end of the year is making me quite emotional because of how much happened for me). However, whether your year was good or bad, the most important thing about it is the lessons that you learnt. The truth is, every action, decision, choice that we make works in some way to shape us into the person that we are, and so we really need to pay attention to life’s little lessons.
I don’t know what will happen next year, and I don’t know what’s about to hit me, but I’m looking forward to seeing what I learn from it.
What have you learnt this year? Share your words of wisdom in the comments!
Lots of love,
BLOGLOVIN’ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM
Hey, I'm Jasmine Burke. A girl in her twenties fresh out of Uni that's trying to write in any way that she can. I go under the branch of "lifestyle" but honestly, you can find pretty much anything on here.
Sorry. No data so far.