My Experience: We Heart Mondays Christmas Food Festival

My Experience: We Heart Mondays Christmas Food Festival

Just under a month ago I was lucky enough to go to the Christmas Food Festival at the We Heart Mondays Blogging Space.  Honestly, when I got the invite to this event I was very excited because it was essentially 2 of my favourite things put together – Christmas and food.  Therefore, I headed to their Blogging Workspace in East London excited for what may arise.
I will say one thing – We Heart Mondays know how to put on an event!  There work space was cute and Christmassy with a massive tree in the middle, and various companies were set up with stalls advertising so many different kinds of food.  There was quite a variety, from samosas to bread to fancy teas, and listing them all may be quite tedious, therefore I thought I’d go into the highlights for me, and the products I’d want to buy again…

foodfest_1

I love this stuff. A lot.

Seamore Food
I will admit, when I first came to this stall I wasn’t 100% sold… I like seaweed, but did I love it enough to have it replace other foods like pasta, wraps and bacon?  I wasn’t so sure.  Here I sampled both linguine and “bacon” made entirely out of seaweed, which meant that not only were they vegan, but a whole lot healthier for you.  Though I wasn’t really a fan of the seaweed linguine (I’m pasta’s number one fan and no alternative is going to change that), the seaweed bacon blew me away.  It tasted so good!  Like seriously, if you like crispy bacon you’ll love this, it tastes pretty much the same, and is a little bit better for you (I mean, it’s still fried in oil, but it doesn’t have the fats and oils from the meat).  I took a pack of this home with me and am slowly making my way through it, but I may have to buy more when this one is done! Check it out here
Burley Fudge
foodfest_2

Give the clotted cream one a try

I am not the biggest fan of sweet treats, and I’m definitely more than a savoury person, but this fudge was so amazing!  It’s so creamy and smooth and honestly changed my outlook on fudge a little bit.  I tried the clotted cream, the white chocolate and cranberry, and the Christmas pudding flavours, but the clotted cream was by far my favourite.  Not only would this make a totally cute and delicious Christmas gift, but you could treat yourself to a box while you’re at it… Available here
The Coconut Collaborative
foodfest_4

They put together a good little yoghurt pot

Here we have another vegan brand, which creates coconut based products to replace dairy ones.  Whilst there they gave us their coconut yoghurt to try (set up in a great little yoghurt pot with granola and raspberries and blueberries), which was pretty tasty, but I’m not a fan of yoghurt in general, so it didn’t really hit the spot for me.  However, in the goody bags that we got as we left, I found one of their Chocolate Pots included, and after I ate it I went and bought 4 more.  They’re essentially the same as the GU Chocolate Pots – in fact, The Coconut Collaborative is founded by the same man who founded GU, so I guess it makes sense, the only difference is these ones are dairy free (and have slightly less calories).  Honestly, it was amazing!  It was rich, and chocolatey and moreish and didn’t really taste like coconut at all.  I am a massive fan of these and have already repurchased them.  You can find them at most supermarkets, but I’ll put a Tescos link so you know exactly what I’m talking about here.
Karaway Bakery Bread
foodfest_5

So much bread, so little time!

This happens to be the bread I’m featuring in the header of this post, and honestly it’s a well deserved spot.  They had so many amazing tasting (And smelling!) different kinds of breads with different health and taste factors and I was very much in love.  It was all so hearty and wholesome and filling and honestly if I had the stomach space I would have stayed there and kept munching all day.  Not only did they do an amazing variety of bread, but they also do sweet things, and their mini chocolate macaroons were probably my favourite thing I had all day.  Seriously.  I’m still dreaming about them.  They are located at Borough Market, so I definitely would check them out if you’re around!  You can read more details about them here.
Honestly, We Heart Mondays hosted a really great event and I was so grateful to be invited to it!  We Heart Mondays put on regular events that all look really amazing, but due to University this was the first one I was actually able to make and I’m so glad I went!  I left with a very full stomach and a bag full of foods that I couldn’t wait to get eating!  I also had one last favourite, but that’s going to get it’s own separate post sometime soon…
Do you want to try any of these foods?  Have you tried any of these foods?  Let me know in the comments!

BLOGLOVIN’ |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM

1. December 15, 2017 / 9:06 am

This looks like such an amazing event – food and Christmas, what could go wrong?! All of it looks so tasty!xo

• December 15, 2017 / 2:21 pm

It was such a good event, and honestly I ate so much it was great!

2. Hello Bexa
    December 15, 2017 / 8:07 pm

Great post Jas! 💕 The fudge looks amazing, I could eat that right now 😄. Looks like you had a great day, thank you for sharing ❤️ xx
    Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• December 15, 2017 / 8:19 pm

The fudge was so good honestly! Thanks for commenting lovely <3

3. December 15, 2017 / 8:10 pm

I’ve seen quite a few We Heart Mondays events come and go by without me attending and I’m so sad about it as they all sound and look so fun!! I’m more of a savoury person too but I’ve recently really gotten into fudge and isn’t it GORGEOUS!? I think I’d definitely love that stand the most along with the bread, yum!
    Alice Xx

• December 15, 2017 / 8:20 pm

The bread was definitely a strong contender for favourite, as was the fudge! Honestly, I’d let most of the We Heart Mondays events come by too, however I’m so glad I went to this one it was great!

4. sara
    December 15, 2017 / 8:23 pm

This looks like an amazing event! I would love to try out all the foods you mentioned although I agree nothing will will ever replace pasta

• December 15, 2017 / 8:27 pm

It was such a fun time! Haha pasta is such a great food, it’s a bit hard to top it 😉

5. Corinne and Kirsty
    December 15, 2017 / 8:25 pm

oh em gee! all the food looks amazing! and sounds like such a great event! lucky you! xx corinne

6. December 15, 2017 / 8:41 pm

This sounds incredible!! The seaweed bacon sounds so interesting and the fudge looks extra tasty!

• December 15, 2017 / 8:46 pm

Honestly, the seaweed bacon was probably my biggest surprise of the day, I would recommend giving it a try! And the fudge was so lovely!

7. December 15, 2017 / 8:55 pm

They all sound so delicious! And I’m surprised the seaweed bacon was good as it sounds so bizarre haha x

• December 15, 2017 / 8:57 pm

Haha I felt the same way, I didn’t expect to like it (I don’t even like bacon that much) but I was very pleasantly surprised!

8. December 15, 2017 / 9:21 pm

Oh wow!! Wish I could have gone to this event! Glad you had a good time! That’s fudge looks tasty af!
    Vanessa x
    therealnessonline.com

• December 15, 2017 / 9:40 pm

Thank you! Honestly it was so much fun and the fudge was so good!

9. December 15, 2017 / 9:26 pm

I’ve had fudge before and I really enjoy it, just won’t have it as much because of how sweet it is. The seaweed bacon is definitely a weird one, lol Happy you enjoyed, you really got a wide variety of stuff.

• December 15, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Yeah I agree on the sweetness, I have to eat things like fudge in moderation.

10. December 15, 2017 / 9:45 pm

Omg all of that food is so mouthwatering! Looks like a great event 🙂

11. December 15, 2017 / 9:49 pm

ooooo I want to try that coconut yogurt so much!! and that bread looks so good I can almost smell it haha! Thank you for sharing! xx

• December 15, 2017 / 9:50 pm

Honestly I’m not a massive yoghurt fan, but the coconut yoghurt tasted pretty good for a yoghurt!

12. December 15, 2017 / 10:25 pm

I love anything food related tehe. I wish I could’ve experience this I wish they did something like this home for the holidays it’s a great way to get in the Xmas Spirit. Great post 💕
    xx Lena https://lenadeexo.com/

• December 15, 2017 / 10:26 pm

Honestly it was the best way for me to get into the Christmas spirit!

13. December 15, 2017 / 10:33 pm

This is really interesting because I’ve never had these foods before. Now I’m intrigued.

14. December 16, 2017 / 12:08 am

Sounds like an interesting event where so many food items are available. The variety in bread is so cool. 🙂 Looks like you had a great time. 🙂

15. December 16, 2017 / 2:28 am

I’m like you I love food and Christmas too. My family is huge and we’ve always made a big deal over Christmas as it was my grandmas favorite holiday. Oh that fudge sounds delicious! I can’t beli Christmas is almost here!

• December 16, 2017 / 3:55 am

Ahhh I’m glad you agree! I honestly can’t wait – almost 1 week til Christmas!!!

16. December 18, 2017 / 3:05 am

Jasmine, thanks for stopping by at my blog and liking my blog post “It’s All About Ornaments & Holiday Things” Love your post here “Christmas and Food” LOL two of my favorite things also.
    Looks like you had a great time at We Heart Monday. And that bread, I’m like Oprah, I looovvve bread and this looks really goooood.

• December 18, 2017 / 3:25 am

Awwwww thanks so much for the comment! The bread was so good!