In all honesty, I made this because I needed to get rid of the advent calendar chocolates that I hadn’t used… However, it turned out so well that I figured I may as well write a blog post on it. I’m very into cooking and creating things (Although this is the easiest recipe you ever did see) so this will hopefully be the first of many recipe posts on my blog – we’ll see. Anyway, without further ado, here is the simplest Bailey’s Hot Chocolate recipe that tasted amazing and was mostly created by accident…
What You Need…
- Chocolate to taste (It’s Christmas time, you probably have some gifted chocolate around that you haven’t yet eaten – that’s what I used, I really just added what I felt was needed and kept tasting it to find out)
- 1 Mug of Milk
- A “splash” of Baileys (Around 1-3 tablespoons depending on strength preferred)
How to Make it…
2) Wait until the milk is simmering and then add in your chocolate, which should be broken into chunks (They don’t have to be neat or anything… mine weren’t). This can be done on a medium heat.
3) Stir until all the chocolate has melted into the milk, taste and add more if needed, then put the heat back on low.
4) Add your Baileys in and give it a final little stir… If it’s not strong enough for you then add enough Baileys until it is.
And there you have it! It was incredibly simple and really didn’t take too long, plus gave me a way to get rid of some chocolate. You can add sugar/honey/sweetener if you need it, but honestly, with the sweetness of the chocolate and the Baileys, I felt that it was the perfect level: not too sweet but not too bland. I poured it into my new favourite mug (It’s Chip from Beauty and the Beast and it was the most adorable present from my friend!) sat back, and enjoyed the last of my Christmas break.
Let me know if you try it – I’d love to know what you thought!
Lots of love,
BLOGLOVIN’ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK