Wanderlust

Wanderlust

I was never one that was obsessed with travel.  Don’t get me wrong, I went on holidays and I loved every moment of them; I’ve been to so many amazing countries with my family that I don’t even know where to start.  However, I’ve never considered myself someone with a passion for jetting off to amazing places and experiencing different parts of the world.
I don’t know when or how it happened, but that’s all completely changed.
All I want to do right now is travel.  I find myself obsessed with buying holiday clothes and dreaming of different places and sights and foods and wanting to absorb as many different cultures as I can.  I’m planning more holidays than I have time for and saving every penny I have; travelling has become a massive passion and I honestly don’t know when and why this changed for me.
I think part of it comes down to how open the whole process is… You are immersed into this new place and culture that you’ve never experienced before; everything’s new and exciting and the world is your oyster and I can’t help but thrive off of the feeling.  I have pages of my bullet journal dedicated to labelled maps of each continent, and I shade in every country that I’ve been to.  I’m feeding my new found addiction and honestly I wouldn’t change it for the world.
I already have 2 countries lined up: Austria in April (For free!  There will be more on that at a later date…) and Chicago in June, but I also have another possible 3 or 4 countries in the works for this summer.  Every part of me wants to book every cheap flight I see and make my way to as many places as I can, and honestly right now travel is the main thing motivating me to save my money (post all about my saving process here).  I don’t know how long this feeling will last… Maybe it will be a forever thing, maybe this is just who I’m meant to be, I don’t know.  However, I am basking in it as much as possible right now and I can’t see that changing anytime soon.
As you may know, I have a Youtube channel now, and I really want to get into travel vlogging this summer.  (As far as I know) I only get one life, and this is probably the only time where I’ll have no real commitments and can get up and leave the country if I want to (Provided that it’s in the summer).  So, now is really my time to feed this passion of mine and travel as much as I can within my means.
Haven’t done a ramble like this in a while!  How do you feel about travelling?  Do you have any countries booked?  Let me know in the comments!

1. March 10, 2018 / 9:24 am

Major travel lover here. A lovely hobby to get into to!!

2. March 10, 2018 / 9:26 am

I love to travel to places friends are – I think you get so much out of their experiences and knowledge; plus it’s so cheap! I flew for the first time in 13 years last year and it was definitely worth it! I’m planning my hols for this summer too!

• March 10, 2018 / 9:38 am

Yeah, I agree about the friends thing! One of my possible holidays is in Morocco because my friend lives there, so I’m excited for that!

3. March 10, 2018 / 9:27 am

Good luck with your travels. I definitely have ‘on’ and ‘off’ phases for travelling myself – I’ve even let my passport expire. But this year I’ve already been to St Lucia and Rodrigues and I am off to Grenada next month!

• March 10, 2018 / 9:39 am

That’s so exciting! I’m from St Lucia (in terms of heritage) and may also be going out there this summer to visit family!

4. March 10, 2018 / 9:33 am

I’d love to travel more but its just not on the cards at the moment. I’ll enjoy countries through you!

• March 10, 2018 / 9:39 am

Haha hopefully you’ll be able to; I intend to post about them!

• March 10, 2018 / 10:31 am

Wonderful!

5. March 10, 2018 / 9:49 am

Ha! Me too! A decade ago, traveling is the last thing in my mind! I couldn’t afford it. But now, I found myself planning our next trip, reading travel guides or stories, looking at photos, etc. We are planning to go on a cruise to Bahamas in Summer. We will see…

• March 10, 2018 / 9:52 am

That sounds absolutely amazing! Hope the Bahamas happens!

6. March 10, 2018 / 10:01 am

Travelling is the best way to learn and explore our world, it’s cultures, sights and sounds…..all the best with your travelling expeditions in the future, Jasmine……hoping to catch many of your travel blogs and vlogs….:)

7. March 10, 2018 / 10:13 am

I love love love to travel, especially when I can stay awhile and get slightly immersed in a culture and be able to meet and learn from people with very different backgrounds. My favorite travel is by boat to remote islands. I’m retired and have a condo I can rent out, using the fund to live elsewhere. I’ve been in France for the winter, heading to Greece in a few weeks to volunteer, and will be in New England, US in the summer and fall. My husband and I would welcome you in our home if you’re nearby. Did you ever read “The Female Nomad?” I think you would love it.

• March 10, 2018 / 10:15 am

Sounds like you’re living an amazing life, I’d love to visit so many countries during the year! No I haven’t read it, is it a book?

• March 12, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Hi Jas,
        Yes, “Tales of a Female Nomad” is an older book but incredibly inspiring, as is the author, Rita Golden Gelman. I’d highly recommend it for your next trip. To me it was so much more than a good book, it changed my way of travel and thinking about travel. At least check out her story.
        And, good travels!
        Heidi

8. noellekelly
    March 10, 2018 / 10:45 am

I love to travel too, I’m constantly planning my next adventure (even if its only in my head!)

9. March 10, 2018 / 11:39 am

Oh, I totally feel your obsession!! My itchy feet started when I was 22 (did Camp America). I’m 46 this year and still suffering from a heavy dose of wanderlust. My ambitions have changed slightly in that I’d love to explore all the places in my own country that I’ve never visited – preferably in a beat up old VW camper! Have fun on your travels xx

• March 10, 2018 / 11:42 am

Nice to see that your passion has not yet left you! Have fun on your travels too!

10. March 10, 2018 / 12:08 pm

Make the most of travelling to as many places as you can. I struggle with travel due to my disability. But I even love just exploring the uk, it has so much to offer.
    Have a great time planning and travelling!

• March 10, 2018 / 12:16 pm

Exploring the UK can be just as rewarding – I’ve learnt that by attending uni in a different city! Thank you, I’m having a great time planning at the moment.

• March 10, 2018 / 3:21 pm

Hopefully I’ll have my first travel vlog up by April! And yeah, I plan to do a post explaining how it happened etc soon!

11. March 10, 2018 / 11:38 pm

I’ve always adored travelling – it’s just so exciting!! A trip to Austria? How exciting – looking forward to seeing vlogs on that. xx