I Have Never Shaved My Legs (Ad)

I Have Never Shaved My Legs (Ad)

Yes, it’s true.  No, it’s not clickbait (I mean… I made it as dramatic as possible, but I’m telling the truth).  I’ve been removing hair from my legs since I was 13.  I’m now 21.  And yet, I have never shaved my legs.

My mum taught me from the beginning of my whole hair removal experience that shaving lasted the least amount of time… And I was not a fan of that concept.  Then, she whacked out her epilator, taught me what it was and my legs were never the same again.  Tad dramatic, I know, but I don’t do anything other than epilate now, so I guess it’s true.

Therefore, when I got approached by Panasonic* to talk about hair removal due to the launch of their new Epilator Panasonic, my mum was the first person I told about it.  Yes, I still tell my mum about every tiny little accomplishment I have… Honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

What is an Epilator?

An Epilator is a hair removal device, that I like to think of as a mix between waxing and shaving.  In the simplest terms possible, it’s a mini machine that you move up and down your legs.  The one that I have pulls out your hairs because it essentially has a load of mini tweezers in it that rotate and start yanking…

Yes, I’m aware that it sounds incredibly painful but it’s really not that bad!  I wouldn’t exactly say that I have the highest pain threshold in the world, and I’ve been doing it since I was 13… So it clearly can’t be that painful.  I don’t know, perhaps if I’d ever shaved, things would be a little bit different.  It obviously stings a bit, and I’m not going to sit here and pretend that there’s no pain at all… But I kind of like it… is that weird?  It’s weird isn’t it.  Forget I said that.

Is it more painful than waxing?

Despite having never shaved, I have in fact waxed.  Usually before a holiday, or if I’m feeling extra fancy, I’ll book myself in for a professional wax because they’re always going to be able to do a better job than I can.

I actually don’t mind the pain of waxing that much – yes, it’s intense, but it’s instant and then it’s over.  Also, I’ve been told by someone waxing me that I have really fine leg hairs, which apparently makes it easier.  I’d say that epilating is less pain, but only slightly.  You see, it’s a far less intense pain, but a lot slower… which almost evens it out.

How often do you shave?

The beauty of epilating as opposed to shaving is that it lasts longer because it’s pulling hair from the roots (Much like waxing, but with less effort).  I do the whole hair removal process twice a month on a good month (But usually only once) and I’m convinced that using an Epilator is one of the main reasons for this.  Although, thanks to my fine leg hair, it’s barely noticeable even when it’s long, so that’s another reason.

You’re only saying this because it’s an ad…

I could see why you’d think that, but surprisingly, that’s not why at all.  I have been singing the praises of Epilators since I started using them because I feel like they get quite a bad rep.  People either don’t know what they are at all, or assume that they’re incredibly painful.

I’m actually pretty passionate about the reputation of Epilators, so I felt that this opportunity with Panasonic was the perfect chance to unleash my internalised passion.  I’m aware that I’ve never spoken about them before, but I can assure you that you can ask my mother or my friend Rachel (Who has a more rocky relationship with Epilators) and they will attest that this has been an extremely happy, long term relationship.

And there you have it!  Thanks so much to Panasonic for sponsoring this post!  Have you ever used an Epilator before?  Let me know in the comments!

*DISCLAIMER* This post was sponsored by Panasonic.  However, all opinions are my own.  I pride myself on being honest and genuine, and only work with companies that I feel are a good fit for me or my audience.  If you would like to read more about how I work with companies, you may do so here.

1. October 8, 2018 / 9:16 am

Agree agree agree!
    I didn’t have the advice of my mum as she was blessed with fairly hair free legs so wasn’t aware of the issues..
    But with my daughter, who has quite a lot if hair, we have started on the epilation journey too!

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Awwwww glad that you’re teaching your daughter haha

2. October 8, 2018 / 10:02 am

I tried an epilator years ago and I found the pain just awful but I have a friend who has epilated since she was a young teen and she wouldn’t do anything else. I’ve been waxed intimately and had my legs waxed and I think legs is actually more painful. Everyone is different though.

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Yeah, you’re right, everyone is different!

3. October 8, 2018 / 2:12 pm

I have never heard of an epilator in my life lol. But I HATE waxing my legs. Is it similar to like at home threading only with like your own machine and not your eyebrows but your legs? I’m basically just referring to the pain part lol

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 5:34 pm

Yeah, I’d say it’s similar to at home threading!

4. October 8, 2018 / 6:01 pm

I have always been one for shaving, but my mum uses an epilator & ive always been intrigued. Honestly, it looks bloody painful and my pain tolerance is incredibly low, but I’m sick of shaving constantly (well, not that I do it very constantly…laaaazy)😂I may have to try epilators out now.

Soph | http://www.lovesoph.co.uk

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 5:34 pm

I personally think it looks more painful than it looks, but if your pain tolerance is low then who knows haha, maybe try your mums?

• October 13, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Done it since I commented & found it fine! 😂

• thoughtsfromjasmine
          Author
          October 13, 2018 / 6:01 pm

So glad to hear that!

5. October 8, 2018 / 8:25 pm

Will totally check this product out!

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 5:16 pm

Let me know what you think!

6. October 10, 2018 / 10:01 pm

I have never used an Epilator before but it doesn’t sound that bad, I think. I am not that good with pain. I get my eyebrows waxed a lot. But everything else, I shave. I recently had a “bikini” wax and WOW was that painful, I don’t think I would have a wax again but maybeeee I will try an Epilator. I might like it, I like the little pain you get from using tweezers (without sounding weird) hahaha!! xx

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 5:15 pm

Hahaha bikini waxes are probably the worst kind of wax that I’ve had!

7. October 15, 2018 / 9:43 am

I’m not a huge fan of shaving either, and I have been waxed a number of times, too – but I much prefer hair removal cream. It’s easy, painless and last longer than shaving! I’ve never even heard of an epilator before, let alone tried one, but now I’m so intrigued! I might have to pop it on my Christmas list this year ☺️

Beka | http://www.bekadaisies.com

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      November 12, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Oooo I did used to use hair removal cream, and I also like that! I feel like epilators win for me just because I don’t have to shower haha