“You Sound Like Yourself Again”

“You Sound Like Yourself Again”

As you may know if you follow me on social media, have noticed my inconsistent uploading schedule or read this word vomit, I have not had a great time recently.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely doing so much better.  However, feelings, like everything, come in waves.

Monday morning I woke up numb.  I spoke through things on the phone with my mum and she was just as confused as I was.  For the first time in years I had no passion, no drive and while I was still going out and doing things.  I was clearly just doing through the motions. I had kind of accepted that life was just going to be like that for a while.  Things happen, life moves on and you have to keep going no matter how you’re feeling… I wasn’t really living, but I was definitely surviving.

I understand that it’s Wednesday, and Monday was only 2 days ago.  I’m not saying that I’ve done a massive 180 so quickly.  However, speaking to my mum on the phone yesterday I was telling her about my plans and my weekend and some cool projects that I have coming up (Stay tuned) and she was delighted.

“You sound excited!  You sound like yourself again!”

And I realised that I did.  For the last 2/3 weeks I’ve had moments of happiness, but I’ve been baseline miserable.  However, yesterday, I was at peace and I genuinely felt like me for the first time in ages.

I don’t know if this is going to be some triumphant return to my blog, and I don’t know if things are going to be all sunshine and rainbows from here on out.  However, I am actually okay and excited and amazed by how much I have going on in my life.  It sounds incredibly cheesey but I feel like I’m living again. So, I wanted to put that feeling into writing so I can look back on this and appreciate the little journey I’ve been on.

Basically, there might be regular posts again?  I have a lot of events planned and cool food and theatre content and generally just some cool ideas in the works.  I’m in love with my blog and my life again… So get ready for some stuff!

Hope you’re doing well and haven’t missed me too much… Even though you probably haven’t even noticed that I’m gone because honestly this has been a mental journey more than an outward one for the world…

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Thank you so much!

1. October 24, 2018 / 8:15 pm

So glad you’re feeling better and feeling like you again. Definitely not a cheesy saying ☺️ Good luck with your blog lovely xx

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 8:30 pm

Thank you so much!

2. October 24, 2018 / 8:16 pm

I think having things to look forward to really helps, I feel more like myself when I have things to look forward to, when I’m making plans and feel like I’m getting somewhere! I’m so glad you’re getting there my darling. Here if you need anything!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

3. October 24, 2018 / 8:29 pm

It’s hard to come back so quickly to feeling ‘normal’ but glad your there Jas! Good to have you back!

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 10:40 pm

Thanks Gary!

4. October 24, 2018 / 8:32 pm

as someone who has suffered with depression for the past few years i totally understand just going through the motions. i did that for a long time, it’s almost foreign to not be but also a relief when you start living and ENJOYING life again. Life is full of ups and downs, but i’m glad you’re feeling more like yourself xx

mich / simplymich.com

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 10:43 pm

Thank you so much Michelle <3 Sorry that you've had to go through it too. However, it's great that you also were able to start enjoying life again too!

5. October 24, 2018 / 8:59 pm

I’m glad you are back Jas and so happy to hear you are feeling like yourself again. It sounds like you have some really cool things coming up on the blog, I’ll be sure to check them out. I think having ups and downs with blogging is normal, it can get pretty intense and overwhelming at times, sometimes I feel really drained and unenthusiastic then a few days later will feel different again. Take care of yourself lovely, can’t wait to see what exciting things are coming next for you! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 10:47 pm

Thank you so much Bexa <3 You're always amazingly supportive!

6. October 24, 2018 / 9:17 pm

I have recently been not feeling myself. Starting to feel a bit better now. Glad you are feeling better. Nice to see you back on social media xx

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 10:48 pm

Thank you so much, hope you’ll be properly feeling good soon too.

7. October 24, 2018 / 9:18 pm

I think it’s important to notice changes in ourselves like this, helps to move forward. Glad you’re feeling so much better.

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 10:51 pm

8. October 24, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I totally relate to feeling like you’re only living through the motions. I’m glad that you’re feeling a little better and find that having things to look forward to really helps me.

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 10:57 pm

Thank you, yeah I’ve found that looking forward to things helps me too!

9. October 24, 2018 / 9:55 pm

Remember that the peace and happiness you have now isn’t going to last forever. You will get sad sometimes and that’s okay.

When you get sad or low energy again. Don’t think it’s going to last forever, or try to fight it/mask it, just be aware of how you’re feeling, ride it out , and remember that the way you’re feeling now won’t last forever, you will get energy and happiness again.

I get those days, or weekends every now and then.

But it makes me appreciate the times when im full of energy more.

Nicholas Alexander Adams

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      October 24, 2018 / 11:00 pm

Wise words

10. October 24, 2018 / 11:05 pm

Yayy, your back! It’s always good to take some time to figure things out or if you are not feeling yourself. I love your blog so I am extremely happy to have you back. Looking forward to seeing your up and coming blog posts.

Love Ria

• thoughtsfromjasmine
      Author
      November 12, 2018 / 5:50 pm

11. October 25, 2018 / 3:13 am

I’m sorry to hear that you felt sick. Sometimes, we don’t feel like ourselves and we have to do whatever it takes to pick ourselves back up. Glad you’re feeling like 100%. Sending you lots of love!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me